Friday, February 21, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 21 February 2014


In creating, the only hard thing is to begin; a grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.    [James Russel Lowell]

Often I hit a wall that seems invisible until, SURPRISE!! there it is smack-dab in my face. This is disconcerting ONLY WHEN I see it as a problem.

Creating is like breathing, we don’t think when we breathe, so why think so much when we’re creating?! That wall is thinking. [I think!!]

An artist is a nourisher and a creator who knows that during the act of creation there is collaboration. We do not create alone.    [Madeleine L'Engle]

It is never NOT a collaboration, DOing Life, how we live our Life. I hadn’t really thought that thought out loud, so I am glad to have come upon it this morning.

I did NOT used to think of my Life as a creative adventure. I DO Now. And I plan to continue letting it unfold and show me myself one little breath at a time.

There's a way of playing safe, there's a way of using tricks and there's the way I like to play which is dangerously where you're going to take a chance on making mistakes in order to create something you haven't created before.  [Dave Brubeck]

It takes mistakes to get your heart out there.

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

My mojo for arts and crafts comes and goes in cycles. But one can be creative in a lot of other ways, too. Sometimes the hardest way is in thought. ;)