Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 26 February 2014


Man is able to snatch everything except one thing, the last of human freedoms: the choice of an attitude under any given set of circumstances to determine his own path.  [Viktor E. Frankl]

I often forget that my thinking, my words, my entire BElief system can, at times, and perhaps ALL OF THE TIME, have consequences. Those, by the way, may NOT BE what I want. Or ever wanted. But I have these habits and ways of BEing that make things go as they go.

Your life is the sum result of all the choices you make, both consciously and unconsciously. If you can control the process of choosing, you can take control of all aspects of your life. You can find the freedom that comes from being in charge of yourself.  [Robert Bennett]

I have seen this to BE true. I have also found myself, mid-choice, recognising that I have lulled myself into a sort of complacency, BElieving I have removed Consequence from all equations. That is a dangerous way to play at Life.

People say that it's the big decisions that are important... no one ever explains how it's the little choices that send your life careening in another direction.  [Julie Gittus, Saltwater Moons]

I notice this peculiarness, too.

Over and over I learn its truths.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

So true! No matter how much we humans want things to stay the same and how much we want to ride the fence...impossible. I don't know why we don't quit fighting changes and choices and learn to use them well. ;)