Thursday, February 13, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 13 February 2014


When someone sees the same people every day, as had happened with him at the seminary, they wind up becoming a part of that person's life. And then they want the person to change. If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.     [Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist]

Expectations are a slippery slope. There is just no way, though, to get round them. It is one of the lovelinesses of BEing Human. I think the very best way to live with them is to KNOW them. Take the time to look at them straight in the eye.

And perhaps challenge them.

You are most powerful when you are most silent. People never expect silence. They expect words, motion, defense, offense, back and forth. They expect to leap into the fray. They are ready, fists up, words hanging leaping from their mouths. Silence? No.    [Alison McGhee, All Rivers Flow To The Sea]

I have learned this to BE true Now. I didn’t BEfore. Now?! Now I definitely BElieve.

A wonderful gift may not be wrapped as you expect.   [Jonathan Lockwood Huie]

There are so many ways that this deLIGHTs me. Wherever would I BEgin?!


I love you, Currie

No comments: