Saturday, February 22, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 22 February 2014


Perseverance is not a passive submission to circumstances—it is a strong and active response to the difficult events of life.   [Elizabeth George]

Attitudes are really powerful, and checking mine when I respond to Life has BEcome empowering. I never got this BEfore. I was caught up in NOT reacting, which it turns out gave my responses an entirely different look and feel.

In the final analysis, the questions of why bad things happen to good people transmutes itself into some very different questions, no longer asking why something happened, but asking how we will respond, what we intend to do now that it happened.   [Pierre Teilhard de Chardin]

So often I have heard variations on this theme. And oftener still I have gone back to WHY?! And yet WHY has never brought me to the answers I seek. NOT once. I sometimes consider WHY?! to BE my #1 colossal avoidance factor.

Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?   [Camille Paglia]

Sometimes  I wonder why we are always arguing and discussing and trying to figure out who is right or wrong. I think we are mostly missing the point. We need to come together and respond together.

Life requires that of us.


I love you, Currie

No comments: