Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 18 February 2014


I'd always thought of myself as an open-minded person. I had no patience with anyone who put down other kids because of their race, religion, or sexuality. But that's just one kind of open-mindedness. There's another kind, too, the kind that's willing to see people for who they really are and admit when you were wrong about them. That's the part I still need to work on.   [Kelley Armstrong, The Calling]

Something I wish I’d had words for long ago. Been able to say. Out loud. Even Now this could ask me to BE far braver than I feel.

It's okay to disagree with the thoughts or opinions expressed by other people. That doesn't give you the right to deny any sense they might make. Nor does it give you a right to accuse someone of poorly expressing their beliefs just because you don't like what they are saying. Learn to recognize good writing when you read it, even if it means overcoming your pride and opening your mind beyond what is comfortable.     [Ashly Lorenzana]

Sometimes the hardest thing I DO is NOT DOing. NOT reacting. NOT judging.

It is a narrow mind which cannot look at a subject from various points of view.    [George Eliot, Middlemarch]

Wasn’t this the point of having our minds?! Keeping them open?!


I love you, Currie

No comments: