Sunday, March 2, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 2 March 2014


Sometimes the things that are felt the most are expressed between two souls over the distance and over time... where no words abide.you have no words for proof of reassurance, no tokens of professed love, but you have something. Something worth keeping. [C.JoyBell C.]

One of the constants in my Life is that there is always distance BEtween me and those I love. It has been rare, those times when I have experienced day-to-day closeness. It makes the “rules” of Love a little tricky. I have adapted and yet…

There’s something about sitting alone in the dark that reminds you how big the world really is, and how far apart we all are. The stars look like they’re so close, you could reach out and touch them. But you can’t. Sometimes things look a lot closer than they are.  [Kami Garcia]

I notice this, too, in the light of day. When the sky above me is so HUGE, yet I imagine it envelopes others, too. MayBE it looks different There than it does Here. Still, it’s the sky above us all.

The scariest thing about distance is that you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.  [Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook]

It’s somewhat disconcerting to have come across one of my own thoughts in another’s writing…


I love you, Currie

No comments: