Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 11 March 2014


Lives are snowflakes - unique in detail, forming patterns we have seen before, but as like one another as peas in a pod (and have you ever looked at peas in a pod? I mean, really looked at them? There's not a chance you'd mistake one for another, after a minute's close inspection.)  [Neil Gaiman, American Gods]

Similarity and Difference have somehow earned the right to run about and wreak havoc in my mind. I gravitate toward one and avoid the other. [NOT always toward the same one nor away from the same one]

I like similarity while also gravitating toward difference. I work hard NOT to make differences BEcome similarities. But I still fail far too frequently.

I pray for the kids in the suburbs… I pray that one day, we’ll all graduate from similarity. [ J. Merridew, Fireworks Over Suburbia]

I think what makes most people unhappy is that they are either too different from the similarities that exist round them, or they are too similar to those ways in which they want to BE different from the ways they see others BEing.

Acting is not about being someone different. It's finding the similarity in what is apparently different, then finding myself in there.  [Meryl Streep]

I think this is true for BEing a human BEing.


I love you, Currie

No comments: