Monday, March 17, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 17 March 2014


No one is ever more him/herself than when they really laugh. Their defenses are down. It's very Zen-like, that moment. They are completely open, completely themselves when that message hits the brain and the laugh begins. That's when new ideas can be implanted. If a new idea slips in at that moment, it has a chance to grow.   [George Carlin, Last Words]

Laughter makes magic possible. It strips away the dogged devotion to HOW. It loosens my grip and lets me fly. Well, spread my wings anyway…

Anybody can rise to a crisis and face a crushing tragedy with courage, but to meet the petty hazards of the day with a laugh- I really think that requires spirit! [Jean Webster, Daddy-Long-Legs]

I have a tendency, to put it mildly, to take myself and Life too seriously. I canNOT always see this so sometimes it’s something someone says to me that will launch me to giggling.

Laughter is the best accompaniment to anything Life is serving up, truly. It seems that shouldn’t BE so, but it is.

She let out a laugh, and then she put her hand over her mouth, like she was angry at herself for forgetting her sadness. [Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close]

Has this ever happened to you?!


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

No. I have never regretted laughter. Even when it has bubbled up in the most inappropriate places and I might try to suppress it. I usually have to just leave--LOL! I would not have survived my life without laughter!! :)