Saturday, March 15, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 15 March 2014


God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us- in the dreariest and most dreaded moments- can see a possibility of hope.  [Maya Angelou]

One morning I saw the most magnificent full rainbow. It was the definition of awesome. I wasn’t the only one who saw it. I came upon a young man who was transfixed, much as I was, and in that moment I understood the pivotal nature of my time in Florida.

I love scoring. Putting music to picture is a rewarding challenge and one that relies on interpretation of emotion - as in, what is the pivotal feeling in a scene and which character's point of view is driving it at any given moment?  [Liz Phair]

I have always been a little bit undone by the scoring in film or theatre. I wonder how it is that someone can KNOW just the exact notes to capture and fold things into. It is the one part of BEing especially sensitive and emotional that I am glad to claim.

People we've encountered at pivotal moments who profoundly influence our direction are not necessarily the people whose names everybody knows. More often, they are the people who say or do just the right thing, at the right time.  [Eric Burdon]

I have long BElieved this, too.

I love you, Currie



1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes, they say that when the student is ready the teacher arrives. The teacher can be a person or an event or an epiphany moment or whatever you are ready to learn from. ;) They are the best, aren't they!