Monday, April 28, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 28 April 2014


You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.  [Franz Kafka]

These past weeks have opened my eyes to an entirely different way to view Life. I have taken in a LOT of information, similar to cramming or preparing for some sort of BIG-DEAL test; digesting a whole lot in hopes I’ll have what I need to draw on when the time comes.

But I realise I am Enough. I have Enough. And I certainly have all I need.

Roll on, deep and dark blue ocean, roll. Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain. Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore.  [Lord Byron]

There was a lesson I learned living by the ocean that I am only just drawing on Now: Life goes on.

Things change. And the tide goes out and comes in. But Life goes on.


Other things are just like a knuckleball. You’ve just got to let them roll.

I love you, Currie

No comments: