Thursday, April 3, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 3 April 2014


The bird dares to break the shell, then the shell breaks open and the bird can fly openly. This is the simplest principle of success. You dream, you dare and and you fly.  [Israelmore Ayivor]

Daring always sounds so romantic. It makes me stand up straighter. It causes my breath to catch.

And flying?! BE still my heart!!!

Who dares not speak his free thought is a slave. [Euripides, The Phoenician Women]

This one makes me pause a good long while. I often edit myself. I hold back. And just won’t say some something.

I hold it in, unwilling to cause the ripples that make the surface too choppy and hard to navigate. I didn’t consider this BEing a sort of “slavery” and Now I will surely think again when I am holding back.

Every day God invites us on the same kind of adventure. It's not a trip where He sends us a rigid itinerary, He simply invites us. God asks what it is He's made us to love, what it is that captures our attention, what feeds that deep indescribable need of our souls to experience the richness of the world He made. And then, leaning over us, He whispers, "Let's go do that together.”  [Bob Goff]

I BElieve this. Wholeheartedly. And deeply experience it everyday.


I love you, Currie

No comments: