Thursday, April 10, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 10 April 2014


Though I play at the edges of knowing, truly I know our part is not knowing, but looking, and touching, and loving.  [Mary Oliver]

There is a moment when an edge is crossed. When what you didn’t know is what you Now know. And it can BE missed if you are in too much of a hurry to judge. To label. To contain.

So many believe that it is love that grows, but it is the knowing that grows and love simply expands to contain it.  [Wm. Paul Young, The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity]

I don’t always know what it is that I am BElieving, but sometimes I catch a glimpse, and other times I get to see it whole, like the picture on a jigsaw puzzle box. Then, if I blink, I canNOT see it anymore. This is what keeps Life so interesting and imperative. This glimpsing and blinking.

Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering. [Paulo Coelho]

I suppose there is more to this than immediately meets the brain. Knowing isn’t always a brain thing, y’know?! Sometimes knowing is just breathing in and out and NOT experiencing pain at all.

remember… nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. [Oscar Wilde]

Love remembering that.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I love that knowledge gets wider and wider...and then looks different. Seems like what we know is always temporary and just gets better as it shifts. :)