Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 2 April 2014


I rolled my eyes. "He's talking to himself. My vote is he's crazy."
He thought about this. "Maybe he's normal and we're the crazy ones. Maybe everyone should talk to themselves. Maybe we're all just afraid of what we'd say.”
   [Katie Kacvinsky, Awaken]

Hmmmmmmm… I’ve noticed that the only person I truly understand is myself. I mean, I think I understand myself, especially when I realise how little I understand anyone else. MayBE that is “crazy” and so mayBE I AM “crazy.” This is where I am today. It’s enough.

People fear anyone who differs from what is considered normal, and in a small town the idea of normal can be as narrow as the streets. [Elizabeth Chandler, The Back Door of Midnight]

I don’t know what “normal” is, but I often act as if I DO. I am almost always passing judgment and having opinions, even though I don’t share them “out loud” or even DO anything BEyond having them pass by my brain’s screen…

What I'm saying is: go barefoot. Or walk out with a handstand. Live in possibility and in constant proximity to desire. Don't just dream; burn your dreams. Heat your life with that fire.   [Brad Cran, Ink on Paper]

Life is always “happening.” I’m NOT waiting for it to “get back to Normal.”


I love you, Currie

No comments: