Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 16 April 2014


Marty, my mother used to say, “Never get greedy with God.” I think what she meant was "Don't dare ask for more if you already have what you need."   [ James Patterson, The Christmas Wedding]

The past week I’ve thought a lot about the okayness of asking for what I want. I realise I am something of a walking contradiction, wanting to go to appointments and for tests on my own but wanting the people I love accessible.

It smacks of greediness. And unworthiness. I am sorting it out, I think, BEcause that’s what I DO…

“I don't get it,” Caroline said, bemused. “She's the only one with wings. Why is that?“
There were so many questions in life. You couldn't ever have all the answers. But I knew this one.
“It's so she can fly,” I said. Then I started to run.
   [Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever]

There are, indeed, so many questions and I know I should BE asking some that I am NOT. Yet, anyway. I am following the bouncing ball. Taking the steps that are in front of me. It doesn’t DO me much good to think ahead and force answers to questions I canNOT yet grasp.

Ask for advice, and then use your brain.    [Vikrant Parsai]

This is good wisdom for always.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Sometimes you have to follow the bouncing ball and focus on your footsteps. :)