Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 8 April 2014


People always talk about how hard it can be to remember things - where they left their keys, or the name of an acquaintance - but no one ever talks about how much effort we put into forgetting. I am exhausted from the effort to forget... There are things that have to be forgotten if you want to go on living.  [Stephen Carpenter, Killer]

Lately I’m BEing asked to remember a LOT of stuff, stuff that is better NOT brought back to mind. And then there are things that pop up that I didn’t remember at all.

“There's a word for it," she told me, "in French, for when you have a lingering impression of something having passed by. Sillage. I always think of it when a firework explodes and lights up the smoke from the ones before it."
"That's a terrible word," I teased. "It's like an excuse for holding onto the past."
"Well, I think it's beautiful. A word for remembering small moments destined to be lost.”
   [Robyn Schneider, The Beginning of Everything]

Somedays I canNOT add a thing except WOW!!!

One couldn’t be selective when remembering the past. Ignore the turmoil, chaos and pain – and the truly great memories would not shine with such luster.  [Karen Fowler, Memories For Sale]

Such simplicity in this truth.


I love you, Currie

No comments: