Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 22 April 2014


Do stuff. be clenched, curious. Not waiting for inspiration's shove or society's kiss on your forehead. Pay attention. It's all about paying attention. attention is vitality. It connects you with others. It makes you eager. stay eager.  [Susan Sontag]

It is less eagerness than it is simply DOing the next thing as I follow this bouncing ball. I forget sometimes that nobody else has to agree or even understand WHY I DO what I DO and don’t DO what I don’t DO.

And I am as curious about living with cancer as I am curious each morning to BEgin my day and see what happens.

It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there'll be any fruit. But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result [Mahatma Gandhi]

There is nothing less simple than “if you DO nothing, there will BE no result.” It can seem like DOing nothing results in nothing BEing done, but sometimes DOing nothing is exactly enough.

Imagination means nothing without doing.  [Charles Chaplin]

Still, imagination is good stuff.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

It is your one and only life to live. Only you walk your path. My guess? People who try to tell you what you should or shouldn't do...probably just scared for you and think they know what's best. You find out a lot about the people around you when you are going through a crisis, that's for sure. ;)