Monday, April 7, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 7 April 2014


Don't be afraid to be confused. Try to remain permanently confused. Anything is possible. Stay open, forever, so open it hurts, and then open up some more, until the day you die, world without end, amen.  [George Saunders, The Braindead Megaphone]

I often feel that confusion is a character flaw. That I would NOT BE confused, surely, if I were just a better person.

I especially feel this, or I should say thinkandfeel this, when things are in flux. Like lately…

God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites so that you will have two wings to fly, not one. [Rumi, The Essential Rumi]

I like this idea a LOT, especially with what I am seeing on my plate this morning. I’m confused by things that have happened and I am confused by how people are BEing and yet I realise this is how Life always is, if I am awake and truly aware of the shifts, turns, and twists.

I don't know what he means by that, but I nod and smile at him. You'd be surprised at how far that response can get you in a conversation where you are completely confused. [Jodi Picoult, House Rules]

I am learning this is a really good way to respond, confused or otherwise.


I love you, Currie

No comments: