Monday, April 14, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 14 April 2014


We are all going, I thought, and it applies to turtles and turtlenecks, Alaska the girl and Alaska the place, because nothing can last, not even the earth itself. The Buddha said that suffering was caused by desire, we'd learned, and that the cessation of desire meant the cessation of suffering. When you stopped wishing things wouldn't fall apart, you'd stop suffering when they did.   [John Green, Looking for Alaska]

There is much to BE said, in my experience, for NOT wanting Life to BE anything other than what it is. And what it is NOT. Acceptance, so I have learned, is indeed the answer to all problems.

NOT that it is easy. Nor simple. But it is indeed Living Simply to live in Acceptance.

I am my own biggest critic. Before anyone else has criticized me, I have already criticized myself. But for the rest of my life, I am going to be with me and I don't want to spend my life with someone who is always critical. So I am going to stop being my own critic. It's high time that I accept all the great things about me.  [C. JoyBell C.]

Amen.

No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.  [Alice Walker]

Something easy to forget BElieving…


I love you, Currie

No comments: