Friday, June 7, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 7 June 2013


It never occurred to me how hard it is for me to say WHEN. To DO so is so absolute. Clear.

If I’d learned, growing up, to think of this in the way I DO Now, I’m fairly certain my Life would have seen much more peace and contentment.

Instead, I have BElieved that Life is Difficult. That I need to BE scrappy. That putting up with and/or ignoring are ideals to aspire to.

I love the line in Regarding Henry where Henry’s secretary reminds him that when he’s got enough in his tea cup he needs to say “When.” BEcause it is one of those simple and straightforward learnings.

It’s far more essential with relationships and in the day-to-dayness of ordinary living to know when it is WHEN and to communicate it clearly.

Especially to myself. This is my sticking point. The place the wheels fall off my little red wagon…

WHEN is it time to ask for help?! WHEN is it time to let something go?! WHEN have I had quite Enough, even more than Enough?!

Saying WHEN might mean The End to communication. Or BEing willing to have a door close and BE on the other side of it. 

That, well, frankly that is often enough to keep me from saying “When.”

How about YOU?! 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Took me many years to learn how to say when in relationships. Didn't grow up feeling I deserved anything and had no real boundaries. Boundaries are a wonderful thing. :)