Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 5 June 2013


Sounds like the simplest of things to DO, but Letting Go is really, and I DO mean REALLY hard. It’s a lot like getting caught up in that spidery web of attic insulation, you know, the pink or yellow stuff?! Really challenges one’s capabilities in a Very Large Way.

I’ve thought I was good at this at times. Thought I had it down. Nailed. In the bag.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. And did I mention, WRONG?!

I recently thought back to an important relationship I had in the early part of the 80’s. What struck me was how I was certain I would NEVER EVER BE able to let that go and, somehow, without even trying, I’d practically forgotten it altogether.

BUT…

That is NOT what I call Letting Go. That is more than anything, a deep pocket where memory slipped itself in and away.

Letting Go is more the in-your-face stuff. For me, a big one recently was letting my car, GraceLand, go 14 months ago. [and I sold it to the guy next door!!!]

Totally, oh, and completely changed the entire game of How I Live Life Now. While most days I see this car, I no longer think of it as GraceLand. Or mine.

Would that it BE so with people.

Ahhhhhhh… Would it BE so. 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Some things are easier than others to let go of, for sure. ;)