Friday, June 21, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 21 June 2013


If there is one thing that more than anything else I hope to excel at in my Life it is listening. I think I am a good listener, but I know I talk MORE THAN I listen. And that is what I bump up against time and again.

Living alone has helped me put this into focus in a way that’s let me actually make headway. And I am glad of that, even if I am still a long way from where I’m aiming.

I have been forced to listen to myself AND to BEcome frustrated when I blather on and DO NOT make time and space for just BEing with myself and listening to my thoughtsandfeelings tumbling about.

The thing about listening, even just a little more, is that it opens up windows that had been sealed shut with layers of old paint. It lets light and air in. It casts shadows that bring clarity. It puts things together. It gives me an entirely new perspective.

Listening, even just a little bit more than I DO can keep me from hopping lickety-split to conclusions. It can provide that essential pause button to Life’s breakneck speed. It encourages me to practise kindness and simple understanding.

I know this BEcause I have people who REALLY LISTEN to me.

Brilliant!! 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I have the same problem! I've always been chatty and not that I so seldom ever talk to people I am even chattier out of excitement of having company--LOL! I listen better on paper or screen. ;)