Monday, June 24, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 24 June 2013


I try really hard sometimes to recall something from my childhood, some salient something that will help explain myself to me. Almost always I find something altogether else.

What I learned as a child seems as remote to me Today as DO most things that happened 50+ years ago. Even if I could hold it in my hands, it would BE like trying to hold a bubble.

One thing I remember HAVING as a child is Show & Tell. I canNOT remember any one in particular, but I KNOW I had them.

In the Spirit of a good Show & Tell, I have been trying to narrow down my choices of what to bring with me to share. 

Here. With YOU. Now.

And I realise every morning when I sit to write this I am Showing Up and Telling. Something. 

Even if the words don’t wrap round that Something nicely and neatly, I feel the same as if they did. Or could.

I come Here in the mornings. First thing. 

And I write. I make a little bit of art. I put it together and email it. 

Then publish it to www.iloveyoucurrie.blogspot.com and go on with the rest of my NOT so extraordinary yet deLIGHTfully ordinary little Life.

I make these little Show & Tells just for YOU.  


I love you, Currie

5 comments:

morning prayer blog said...

These little show and tells do add up, don't they. I wrote about a similar review of the past in my Morning Prayer this morning.

Beth Morey said...

I love this show + telling. Don't stop!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's been a very long time since I visited you and I'm glad I found you again. I love this show and tell, as well as your heartfelt confession as to why you are motivated to do it.

Rita said...

Blogging is kind of like show and tell! :)

Tracy said...

And what fun they are!