Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 26 June 2013



Were I to choose one trait that I’d like to develop every second for the rest of my Life, this is it. BEing kinder than necessary is one of those BE the Change things I’d like to BE The Change I WANT to see in the World.

Kindness isn’t really half so hard as unkindness. In fact, kindness is an easy thing, a true default setting I think we come with fresh from the Bean Factory.

If each person walking on this planet were to BE kinder than necessary, I would imagine we would no longer see war, deceit, segregation, or any sort of winner and loser power struggle.

I know. It’s a BIG statement. It’s also probably simplistic and naïve, but I’d stake my Life on it.

Kindness is like the wind. You canNOT always see it, nor can you exactly point to it to define its edges, yet it is immediately recognisable and understood.

And then of course there is the “than necessary” piece of this BE Kinder Than Necessary. What is Enough?! What is Necessary?!

It is NOT important to have this “right” but it is clear as the bright blue sky when we’re NOT Enough of this simple human necessity.

If in doubt, I say BE kindER. I don’t think you can go wrong… 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

OH, this is a good reminder! A really good one!! :)