Monday, June 17, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 17 June 2013


Wishing is often a crapshoot. It is misdirected intent. It is silly.

And yet it is fun and wondrous. So what can I say?!

Whether wishing on stars, birthday cake candles, or as I flip a penny into a pond, I’m going to keep wishing and wishing and wishing for the rest of my Life.

I love the freedom of wishes. How they are able to transform instantly, without making sense or needing to explain themselves.

I love the possibilities in wishing. Imagining that I can make Gracie small enough to fit in my pocket so I can take her with me wherever I go is a favourite wish I make.

Even if there is nothing whatsoever sensible about it, when I wish I wish BIG and wild. I wish with total BElief in my wish’s capacity to manifest itself.

I even wish without exactly naming what I am wishing for. BEcause I BElieve that wishes are less my planning and seeing than their own glorious deLIGHTs.

As I skid headlong and awkwardly into my 61st year, I am wishing for Hope.

I am wishing for the Hope of Peace, NOT merely on Earth and BEtween nations and people, but within every heart, mind, and BEing.

I am wishing for laughter and tears and a wave of smiles.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Let my smile be the first in your wave of smiles. What a delightful idea ... you make me smile all of the time. You can also stimulate thought and introspcetion which is often badly needed. It is so much easier to fly blithely along without addressing all that is going on around me, but I have learned from you that I am cheating myself by being oblivious. You are good for me Currie ... so glad we are connedted again.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Rita said...

Fantastic and worthy birthday wishes!! ;)