Sunday, June 2, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 2 June 2013



It is always the Right Thing to BE encouraging. To uplift, support, and in turn empower the best in another.

Criticism and BElittling only tear the spirit apart, undermine, and ultimately break another, even if that is NOT the intention.

While some DO make a decent case for constructive criticism, I think criticism, when I am DOing it, comes straight and undiluted from my own unfathomable need for approval.

It is never constructive, either to me or another. It only digs my heels in deeper to that impossible addiction to endorsement.

There is a sense that we only get this once to BE who we are, despite the idea of an afterlife or multiple lives, so I am choosing to BE an Encourager, to commit myself wholeheartedly to empowering those whose paths and mine cross.

To catch people DOing things well and right and good and amazing, really. It’s so very much more pleasant to live in this Light than in the shadow of that critical and judgmental one.

I’ve certainly NOT always been like this, and it is clearly a decision I make again each day, and often several times during the day, especially those where I’m granted the opportunity to feel superior.

Given a DO-over, I’d gladly choose this way instead of any other I took…


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Absolutely! :) :)