Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 9 April 2013




Finding poetry in everything means that there is nothing that is BEyond the Hope and Promise of poetry. And in this National Poetry Month, I’m setting out to prove this, if only to myself.

There is even poetry in pain. In fact, I think it is oftentimes the “negative” aspects of Life which we seem to make poetry out of more than any other. Well, love, I suppose, and yet often it is Love’s pain most often that inspires poetry.

Finding poetry in everything means that I can DO what once I’d have imagined BEyond impossible. That I can leap and sometimes even fly out BEyond that field of which Rumi wrote.

It means that each moment and experience can BE gathered up into a generous bundle of words that, while all of them in a piled high might make no sense whatsoever, they somehow sing in perfect pitch whilst standing side-by-side in a poem.

It means that even pain has Hope inside of it. Even the darkest things shed their light on something never seen quite that way up until Now.

It means that words are a balm. They have tamed my wildness. And in them I have found a peacefulness and understanding, often of myself, perhaps ONLY of myself.

And that is enough.

To understand myself.

I love you, Currie

No comments: