Saturday, April 20, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 20 April 2013




What I wish most to hear sounds like forgiveness. Acceptance. Simple kindness. Compassion.

What I wish most to hear is someone’s smile across the telephone, his excitement, her deLIGHT, our laughter and silly JOY.

What I wish most to hear is the silence where worry had been. That quiet knowing and easy trust. The realisation that there is nothing I canNOT face with curious pleasure.

What I wish most to hear is the mattering, cherishing, and treasuring BEtween us, you, them… The way NOTHING stands BEtween people but their loving respect. Encouragement. Understanding. A sort of quietly BEautimous knowing that flows peaceably like a spring stream.

What I wish most to hear is the stillness of no regret. No guilt. No doubt. No resentment.

What I wish most to hear is laughter everywhere and the lightness of hearts, like people at a festival for no particular reason just BEcause they are happy to BE alive and Here, Right Now. Oh yes, how wondrous it would BE to hear such bliss and merriment.

What I wish most to hear is the gentle breathing that is sleep on a night where the windows let in the magical sounds of night.

What I wish most to hear is I CAN!! I CHOOSE!! I AM!!

Spoken aloud. With a whole complete heart.

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Zena said...

Wonderful words, they resonate deeply with me