Sunday, April 7, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 7 April 2013




BE Kind, BE Kind, BE Kind means always make kindness Generous and put it first BEfore anything always, again, and yet again.

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind. ~Henry James

Somedays it seems I would DO best to keep my words briefer than brief. I like James’ thought here.

So often I have heard about What Is Important. 

To BE a good human. 

To have character. 

[as opposed to BEing a character, which, frankly I find far more fun than building character but…]

There are important things, yet none of these I can imagine more important than BEing Kind. 

And whether that kindness is in thoughts, words, or actions, to myself, to another, or to the World in general, kindness is indeed more primary than any other important thing.

Kindness when I am tired, sad, unwell, disappointed, confused, scared, and even angry. 

Kindness in all times and places, treating no one as less or more deserving of it. [and here, I might add, kindness to Self is as essential as air to breathe]

Kindness where it seems the last possibility, where it would appear to have nowhere to stand.

This is the important “peace” of Kindness. Always. Everywhere.

I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful...and what a great blog to have. I use to have a "grateful" journal, unfortunately I stopped writing in it, but now feel inspired to start again. Thanks for reminding me of what it feels like to be grateful everyday.

Zena said...

Wonderful words, I couldn´t agree more (in particular, when you talk about kindness to Self)

And great blog too... gratitude is also very important to me

I will follow you