Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 16 April 2013




I don’t pick up my end of the rope
preferring to let it BE
untethered by
expectation…

Some mornings I write two poems. This morning I decided to share them both. Each of them reflects a different aspect of me today. I enJOY when I can see there are facets to me that aren’t immediately within reach.

I don’t pick up my end of the rope… that was my prompt for today. It made for some interesting writing earlier. This is often the case when I just let my fingers fly on the keys.

I am grateful this morning for letting go of a rope I was trying to perfect lassoing. I can’t DO perfect and canNOT perfect my lassoing capabilities. Best then to simply NOT pick up my end of the rope.

Sometimes I have to LET GO my end of a rope, but that’s an entirely other kettle of crocodiles from NOT picking it up in the first place. I have noticed that oftentimes I will have Let Go awhile “back” in Time the same rope I don’t pick up my end of Today.

It is funny, too, how I don’t pick up my end of the rope and then, slowly [or sometimes quickly] I realise there was no one holding onto the other end anyway…

I love you, Currie

No comments: