Friday, April 26, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 26 April 2013




Am I BEing or BEcoming is a question I have noticed myself asking more regularly the past few years. 

It wasn’t so long ago that I realised BEing Present and in Right Now was/is the ONLY place where I was/am truly wholehearted and alive.

Now is all I ever have, even if I remember whatever was and imagine, even work toward what will or MAY BE.

So I think this was how I came to pondering the idea of myself BEing something or some way OR BEcoming something or some way.

Many times I have heard that Gratitude is a state of mind, of BEing even. It is a decision. A choice made freely.

I’ve also come to know that BEcoming someone who is Simpler, Visible, Disciplined, and Enough can take so long that even when I think I am BEing these “things” I am still BEcoming them.

BEing Grateful, which, come to think of it, isn’t all that measurable across the board either, has seemed easier to wrap my head round than BEing Simpler, Visible, Disciplined, and Enough.

[an aside: Simplify, Visible, Discipline, and Enough were/are my words for the years 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013, respectively]

It’s less urgent for me to know which is “truest” of me, BEing or BEcoming.

Still, I ponder it often…

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I think you are just being with a direction or an aim in mind. But right now this very second is the only place to make choices or movement toward that thought.

Not easy for us humans to do, because we tend to project into the future or the past and can miss the now. :)