Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 6 February 2013



I have learned so much from Gracie about friendship. About BEing a friend. And having one. I have learned how NOT to approach as much as how close to come to another. I have learned when it is time to Let Go. And how to NOT take that personally or so hard.

I am grateful for her willingness to teach me, to show me, often numerous times, what is unconditional and what is most definitely NOT.

Friendship is a thing I seem to live without almost better than I live with. That’s been a difficult realisation. I so want the ease and camaraderie I observe in others. For whatever reason though, it doesn’t seem to BE what was written into my part in this great play.

Over my Life I have had many wonderful friendships. I used to think that it was just how it is that friendships ultimately ended, ties were severed, and so I’ve learned to live with the empty spaces where my friends and our friendship used to BE.

I think I was too quick to assume that was true, but there you go. Life is Right Now and there is no DO-over. So BE it.

I think of my friends, often, like sifting through a box of treasures, and I miss them. Each one.

I love you, Currie

No comments: