Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 19 February 2013




Sincerity. It’s a word I generally associate with how you sign a business letter, Sincerely. I don’t really like signing off that way, but I suppose it is more palatable than Yours Truly, and less dangerous than Love

Funny, considering Love a dangerous way to close a letter…

Anyway.

Sincerity is something it seems is considered almost ridiculous in the World Today. It is NOT as valued as BEing smooth, cutting edge, and effective. Efficiency is much more precious than Sincerity. MayBE I should just say that it seems so to me. Yet, I don’t think I am alone in this. In fact, I am just about positive that most every person reading this can point to a pocket of shame that clouds their willingness to demonstrate their own brand[s] of Sincerity.

BEing cool, having the advantage over others, and getting there quicker, cheaper, and BEfore anyone else seems to drive a LOT of what goes on in the World Today. I don’t really understand this completely, yet I have accustomed myself to it. I have come to accept it as a fact when really it is only an attitude, one that likely will morph into something else in Time…

I tend toward BEing completely Sincere and hopelessly uncool. I’m coming to accept this.

Although quite without shame…

I love you, Currie

No comments: