Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 13 February 2013




I don’t know anyone who does NOT like music.

I know people who LOVE music, like air, and some who tolerate it, when they are of a mind to DO so, yet mostly I know people who are like me. We love all sorts of music [where “all sorts” casts a really wide net] and we tolerate some, simply BEcause it IS considered music. [though more like nails on a chalkboard to our sensitive psyches]

Music is so much a part of my Life that I really canNOT say it has ever NOT been central to it. Over the span of my Life my tastes have changed, along with me, yet once I have loved music it is extremely hard for me to NOT love it still.

However, the past several weeks I have been DOing something of an experiment with SILENCE. I have found myself hearing many things, as I DO Now, that I’ve never really heard.

The quiet of the ceiling fan, the trains [are there MORE of them Now or am I just HEARING them more?!] going by, birds, squirrels, both chattering, even the sound of the lizards… Who knew?!

Silence is its own sort of music. This is what I’m thinking.

And music does NOT have to BE playing in order to BE heard.

I love you, Currie

No comments: