Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 12 February 2013




Gratitude is the sort of thing that one practises whether or NOT things are as preferred. I suppose that sounds a little stuffy. “Teacher-ish” as I’ve been labelled all too frequently.

Sometimes the only place you can BE is Where You ARE. Even though and even WHEN that is a place of misunderstanding and confusion.

Encouragement is really wonderful AND sometimes really annoying, too. I say this NOT to BE discouraging, only to BE real. I know how frustrating it is to BE on the outside of someone else’s pain wishing to BE a comfort and knowing all you CAN BE is there.

I have been in places like this one many times. I have found my way through them. I am fairly certain that I will DO so again.

Yet to BE grateful to BE here Now is really a stretch. I can write the words and try to BE convincing…

I AM grateful for this practise BEcause without it I would feel far more separate and alone. It is a little like the solo piece of Outward Bound, except I am NOT in some wilds. I am right here at home.

I have tools and I am using them. I have habits and I am practising them. I have Hope and I am holding onto it.

I love you, Currie

No comments: