Sunday, February 10, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 10 February 2013




I am grateful for this simple daily practise and how it has both encouraged me AND shown me myself in NOT so flattering ways.

I am grateful that I love making mistakes and, sometimes, making discoveries right smack dab in the middle of them.

I am grateful for connection, which this part of my morning writing practise gives me. Unconventionally, perhaps, yet connection nonetheless.

I am grateful for BEing able to give myself a break from trying to BE or SEEM a way I am NOT feeling in that moment. For letting my weariness, my confusion, and my depleted inspiration trot itself out front and center.

I am grateful that I can think about things that many people wouldn’t consider part of polite conversation. And I can just think them without committing them to voice or paper, just in my own head and heart.

I am grateful that sometimes I realise that I am sad about something out of habit; that really and truly I don’t mind that something is like it is or is NOT how it is NOT.

I am grateful for having been turned down and turned back and turned round. Turn, Turn, Turn…

I am grateful for the days when my writing feels like threading a needle in the back of a bumpy wagon.

I love you, Currie

No comments: