Monday, February 11, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 11 February 2013




The concept of What Gift Shall I Bring? is really stretching me. The gift of kindness?! Of course I want to bring that, always, and yet lately I have come to see kindness as sometimes detrimental.

I have been noticing with certain people the kinder I am, the greater the distance grows BEtween us.

Perhaps I am NOT on point with this, NOT seeing it clearly, and I surely know I am too wrapped inside my own feelings to have the proper perspective.

And still, I canNOT help but see this in just this way.

On the other hand… it seems that the kinder I feel I am BEing treated, the less resistant I feel to BE kind toward EVERYone, and especially those who seem to move away from rather than toward me.

Yesterday I was treated to the hot fudge sundae with extra whipped cream, cherries, and nuts sort of kindness by a friend who carved out the time for me to just talk about and through somethings. While it is NOT my favourite thing to talk on the phone, my options are limited and WOW!!! what a difference that time, and my friend’s kindness to ME made. [and is making]

I don’t everything sewn-up and sorted-out. Yet I feel understood, heard, and encouraged.

And that’s amazing!!

I love you, Currie

No comments: