Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 1 January 2014




I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.  [Helen Keller]

It is like this for me, too. I suppose I have certain aspects of myself I call “limitations” or even “liabilities.” But the trick is to inhabit those things which make me unique. Unrepeatable. I don’t think there was really any flaw to my design. Just flaws in my thinking about it and then BEing it, of course.

If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people.  [Confucius]

Curious… I am aiming myself toward Forever and yet I have no amount of Time that I think Forever to BE. This is why I am thinking less and BEing more. It is so easy for me to BElieve that there is something fixed and immovable when really, if I’d think about it less I’d see that BEing Present is all there ever is that I CAN BE.

It is wise to persuade people to do things and make them think it was their own idea. [Nelson Mandela]

There is nothing so true as this simple, lovely idea.


I love you, Currie

No comments: