Monday, January 13, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 13 January 2014


Trust is to human relationships what faith is to gospel living. It is the beginning place, the foundation upon which more can be built. Where trust is, love can flourish.  [Barbara Smith]

We DO have to BEgin somewhere. And usually it is going to BE exactly Where We Are at Present. So I wonder… Where is it I find myself Right Now?! What is it that I want to build upon?! What CAN and DO I trust and truly BElieve in?!

These may sound adolescent and perhaps they are, but that is where I find the possibility of ANYthing to BE. Wherever it is I am and whatever it is that might BE called the conditions of Life at the moment.

It is precisely because neither individuals nor small groups can be fully self-sufficient that cooperation is necessary to human survival and flourishing.  [Tom G. Palmer]

I don’t think I realise how much I BElieve there is limitation in self-sufficiency. I have worked hard to make myself self-sustaining and self-supporting, but self-sufficient is another giraffe entirely. Often it seems that without someone and something BEyond myself, BEyond my little Life, to contribute to and serve, Life is almost hollow.

We need a place in which we may flourish and be ourselves.  [Timothy Radcliffe]

And Let It BE Now.


I love you, Currie

No comments: