Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 22 January 2014


I know how easy it is for one to stay well within moral, ethical, and legal bounds through the skillful use of words - and to thereby spin, sidestep, circumvent, or bend a truth completely out of shape. To that extent, we are all liars on numerous occasions.   [Sidney Poitier]

What an interesting way to say that we are all given to lies, party to them, or under their “acceptable” influence just by BEing in the World. I was thinking just this sort of thing yesterday in a situation. Why people don’t say what is so but simply let it BE as it is…

I have noticed in myself a leaning toward complaining or judging, and often both, RATHER THAN DOing something. I called myself out on it yesterday and what a difference it made to my day!!!

Heart is what drives us and determines our fate. That is what I need for my characters in my books: a passionate heart. I need mavericks, dissidents, adventurers, outsiders and rebels, who ask questions, bend the rules and take risks.   [Isabel Allende]

I am NOT a fan of colouring inside the lines. Nor particularly one to make a spectacle of myself. I simply approach Life with the desire to LIVE FULLY.

This can BE as simple as bending toward unknowns.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

The only way people can change and improve is to be able to "call themselves out" and pull themselves up short. You have that going for you, lady! Not everybody can even do that. They don't have the perspective to be able to see themselves, you know?

I tend to be truthful beyond the call of duty--LOL! But I try to be as gentle with the harder truths as I would like people to be with me--after all, they are only MY truths or MY opinions. Plus I was raised with "if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all", so I do try that first--LOL! But if you ask me...

People who know me don't ask me things unless they want to hear my answer. ;)