Monday, January 6, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 6 January 2104


In the space between yes and no, there's a lifetime. It's the difference between the path you walk and the one you leave behind; it's the gap between who you thought you could be and who you really are; it’s the legroom for the lies you'll tell yourself in the future.  [Jodi Picoult]

When I think of the space BEtween as Life, suddenly things make more sense. Come more simply. Seem more palatable.

I’m never really “IN” the spaces BEtween, I don’t think, until I suddenly, or mayBE NOT so suddenly, realise that I’ve been waiting for or looking back with longing.

Right Now is the only Time. Yesterday. Tomorrow. Last year. Next year. Those are all in my head. Fluff. No more than imaginings and of far less importance than I assume.

I am learning, I am leaning into this space, the space I imagine as “in BEtween” whatever came BEfore or may come After.

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.   [E. B. White]

This is so like I feel when I am having a day BEgin. I want to DO good things and serve Life yet I also just love BEing. Just living Life.


I love you, Currie

No comments: