Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 28 January 2014


When you challenge other people's ideas of who or how you should be, they may try to diminish and disgrace you. It can happen in small ways in hidden places, or in big ways on a world stage. You can spend a lifetime resenting the tests, angry about the slights and the injustices. Or, you can rise above it.   [Carly Fiorina]

I suppose all families have familiar expressions. “Rise Above It” is one from mine. I’ve never liked it. I always feel it smacks of cynicism.

And yet, reading it here I think, Ah-Hah!! That’s what I need to DO!!

You must accept that you might fail; then, if you do your best and still don't win, at least you can be satisfied that you've tried. If you don't accept failure as a possibility, you don't set high goals, you don't branch out, you don't try - you don't take the risk.   [Rosalynn Carter]

My word for 2014 is Branch. I notice myself still skirting round the edges of the room with it. NOT really “getting” it. But it’s only January…

What I like here is that Life really is about Trying, and often, too, about failing. But that is Life.

Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!   [Dr. Seuss]

That one I like!!!


I love you, Currie

No comments: