Saturday, January 11, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 11 January 2014


A deep sense of love and belonging is an irreducible need of all people. We are biologically, cognitively, physically, and spiritually wired to love, to be loved, and to belong. When those needs are not met, we don't function as we were meant to. We break. We fall apart. We numb. We ache. We hurt others. We get sick.  [Brene Brown]

BElonging is a bit of a conundrum for me. I think sometimes this is due to how much I love BEing alone. And sometimes I think my love of BEing alone is due to NOT feeling that I BElong. Or have BElonged. Anywhere.

I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me. If only I'd known that one day my differentness would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier. [Bette Midler]

I’m familiar with this. I never felt I BElonged anywhere, well, only for a short while, until nearly the end of 4th grade. After that I just drifted, floated, came in and went out…

Now I feel at home in my soul. I am less concerned with WHERE I BElong than that I truly BElong with and, of course, to myself.

Sometimes I wonder why it took so long, then I realise that is a waste of Right Now.


I love you, Currie

No comments: