Saturday, January 4, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 4 January 2014


And were an epitaph to be my story I'd have a short one ready for my own. I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world.   [Robert Frost]

Sometimes I think about my story. The story line, you might say. I was writing earlier about how seriously and personally I’ve taken Life. I write to understand myself. To see myself from a remove that I canNOT find staying closed-up and tightly-wound.

The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.  [Henry David Thoreau]

I have often thought that I am simply NOT made for relationships. I mean, the sort where you travel in pairs. Or live, staying at home in one… I have enJOYed these relationships immensely, yet I find I’ve flourished flying solo.

In these past 7 years of living alone, I have made a great many changes. And several moves. Yet the thing that I never imagined could BE is. I prefer this. I choose this. I want this. Such a surprise…

The only books that influence us are those for which we are ready, and which have gone a little farther down our particular path than we have yet got ourselves.  [E. M. Forster]

Mmmmmmmm.

I love you, Currie

No comments: