Friday, January 10, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 10 January 2014


My coming to faith did not start with a leap but rather a series of staggers from what seemed like one safe place to another. Like lily pads, round and green, these places summoned and then held me up while I grew. Each prepared me for the next leaf on which I would land, and in this way I moved across the swamp of doubt and fear.  [Anne Lamott]

Much of Life is, for me, just this way. I often will stand where I find myself and see the path I took to arrive there. It looks pretty happenstance and fly by the seat of my pants, but it also could NOT BE one bit different to BE whatever it is.

As I have grown into WHO I AM today, I have always had “lily pads” to keep me safe from great dunks in the mighty swamps I’ve travelled.

If you have the guts to keep making mistakes, your wisdom and intelligence leap forward with huge momentum.  [Holly Near]

That is what it is, after all, making mistakes. Life is all about making mistakes. Getting it wrong. Missing that mark. Seeing how it might have gone better had I NOT done or done one thing or another.

Yet those mistakes and wrong turns made it a Grand Adventure.

I love you, Currie

No comments: