Friday, January 17, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 17 January 2014


If you want a long-term relationship that doesn't require a lot of work, I say, get a dog. They love you no matter what. But when it comes to humans, there's no secret; you really have to appreciate the person every single day.  [Denis Leary]

While it isn’t the easiest thing to make the time to appreciate, I have discovered if I DO take that time, it gives my time more juice, if that makes sense. People are very forgetful and their thinking doesn’t ever stay in that “happy zone.” I have yet to meet anyone who does NOT think everything is about them, especially anything that goes haywire or that they canNOT understand.

We don't need a melting pot in this country, folks. We need a salad bowl. In a salad bowl, you put in the different things. You want the vegetables - the lettuce, the cucumbers, the onions, the green peppers - to maintain their identity. You appreciate differences.  [Jane Elliot]

I love this. It is simple. A direct hit. And it makes me laugh. What astonishes me is realising that I have ALWAYS wanted to Change [although I call it “improving”] someone else instead of simply appreciating their differences.

…there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.  [Dalai Lama]

This makes things much simpler.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes, it took me a long time to realize that if we were all the same it would be a dull, dull world--no matter how nice everybody might be--LOL! ;)