Thursday, January 23, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 23 January 2014


It's not vanity to feel you have a right to be beautiful. Women are taught to feel we're not good enough, that we must live up to someone else's standards. But my aim is to cherish myself as I am. [Elle Macpherson]

Seems quite odd to quote a supermodel, but there you go. Everyone has something to share. And anyone can BE a teacher. I was writing this morning about what MY Standards are. It was enLIGHTening. And fun. And hard to stop. I am daily deLIGHTed to discover new ways to know myself more deeply.

I encourage teachers to speak in their own voices. Don't use the gibberish of the standards writers. [Jonathan Kozol]

There are many things that are part of Life that make me want to break glass. I am learning that this has less to DO with my standards and more to DO with my opinions. I think it exemplifies my arrogance.

I was always too timid to face this about myself. Until Now. This desire to break glass is in my own control. And it always was, even when I was so sure MY WAY was superior. Humbling discovery.

The world is not ready for some people when they show up, but that shouldn't stop anyone. [Ashly Lorenzana]

I really love this one!


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love today's art ♥ That last quote is a great one and I just may have to borrow it soon :) Have a great weekend.