Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 15 January 2014


It is a narrow mind which cannot look at a subject from various points of view.  [George Eliot, Middlemarch]

It astonishes me how distracting I sometimes find other people. I don’t mean that to sound or BE “mean” in any sense. I actually just noticed this. Or so it seems.

I try hard to NOT judge so as NOT to label others “distracting,” but lately I haven’t pulled it off too well. I seem to hear everything through a filter. The sort that wants LESS so I need to “strain” everything that comes in.

If we are always arriving and departing, it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things.    [Henry Miller]

I DO think this is what perspective is all about. I keep asking myself, Why DO I see this this way NOW, when I saw it so differently THEN?! I am NOT getting answers, but I AM finding some perspective…

For what you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are.  [C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew]

This is really the key to it. Anytime. Anywhere. Anything. It depends on WHO one is and HOW one sees something.


I love you, Currie

No comments: