Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 8 January 2014


Consider the rights of others before your own feelings, and the feelings of others before your own rights.  [John Wooden]

There seems to BE a bit of a “bug” moving through me lately. I call it that BEcause it feels like when “something’s going around” and I am NOT sure if I BElieve that to BE the case OR if I am susceptible to what others think.

Life is like this sometimes, isn’t it?! Sometimes it utterly sweeps me away, and others it leaves me languishing in a dustbin.

To consider persons and events and situations only in the light of their effect upon myself is to live on the doorstep of hell.  [Thomas Merton]

Whenever I stop staring at my own belly button long enough to see that I have been staring at my own belly button, I have the sense that I have been talking in my sleep and have woken up to realise it. Yet kept talking.

The World is NOT all about ME, and NOT everything that crosses my path needs me to consider it deeply. Even consider it at all. Yet so often it seems I must yank myself away from seeing everything in terms of its effect on me. As much as I want to STOP DOing this completely, I’ve NOT.

Yet…


I love you, Currie

No comments: