Sunday, January 19, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 19 January 2014


And it comes from saying no to 1,000 things to make sure we don't get on the wrong track or try to do too much. We're always thinking about new markets we could enter, but it's only by saying no that you can concentrate on the things that are really important.   [Steve Jobs]

I’ve often said that NO is a complete sentence. I BElieve it. Finally. I like what Steve Jobs said here, too. Often the something needing to BE said, and said again, is NO. Period.

I have always felt that I MUST give reasons for saying NO. I’ve stopped. Now I say NO. Period. [okay, sometimes I say NO, thank you, BEcause I DO BElieve that makes the sentence more me than just NO. period.]

Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day - like writing a poem or saying a prayer.  [Anne Morrow Lindbergh]

Sometimes I wonder at my mornings. Why I DO them this way after over 50 years of an entirely other way. And you know, it’s like this: I BEgin my day in a gentle and quiet way to bring that gentleness and quiet into the day itself.

It is a simple thing. It works for me. And saying so is Enough.


I love you, Currie

No comments: