Thursday, January 16, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 16 January 2014


When you have got an elephant by the hind legs and he is trying to run away, it's best to let him run. [Abraham Lincoln]

A silly quote, perhaps… Although I think it speaks volumes. Sometimes I try SO HARD to DO something and when I stop, for just a moment, trying so hard, I will see things in a new Light. And that Light can make all the difference which my trying could NEVER accomplish.

If only we'd stop trying to be happy we'd have a pretty good time. [Edith Wharton]

I don’t think I am the only one who has hopped on the merry-go-round of TRYING to BE Happy. I think Happy is; or that it is NOT. But it isn’t something to try to “get” or have.

Just living my Life, Now, I am finding is Enough. I don’t need some thing that is BEyond my reach. I don’t require anything I don’t already have. I simply need to STOP TRYING and BE happy. Had I known this BEfore [or chosen to stop trying so hard] I can imagine a lot of what I struggled against would have been no struggle at all really.

Try to be like the turtle - at ease in your own shell.  [Bill Copeland]

YES!! What he said. That’s it!!


I love you, Currie